Monday, May 19, 2008

Jennifer Hudson Steps Into the 'Spotlight' With New Single

I am excited to break this hot news in the blogosphere, that Jennifer Hudson, the black, bold and beautiful winner of an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and a SAG Award for her unforgettable role in Dreamgirls has released her very first official single, Spotlight.



Jennifer Hudson Steps Into the 'Spotlight' With New Single. (PRNewsFoto/Arista Records) NEW YORK, NY UNITED STATES 05/17/2008.

19 May 2008 14:00 Africa/Lagos


Jennifer Hudson Steps Into the 'Spotlight' With New Single

Highly-Anticipated Debut Album Set for September Release on Arista records

NEW YORK, May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- After her critically-acclaimed performance in Dreamgirls, Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson makes her long-awaited foray into the music scene with "Spotlight," her official first single from her self-titled debut album, set for release in September on Arista Records. "Spotlight" impacts radio June 9 and will be digitally available at iTunes on June 10.


(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080519/NYM040 )


Written and co-produced by Ne-Yo and produced by Stargate, "Spotlight," which addresses insecurities within a relationship, is one of many stellar songs which showcases Hudson's amazing powerhouse vocals. An all-star team of writers and producers have been assembled to contribute their talents to Hudson's highly-anticipated debut album, including Timbaland, Robin Thicke, The Underdogs, Diane Warren, Tricky Stewart and more.


"I'm beyond ecstatic about my new album," says Hudson. "I think people will be pleasantly surprised, because it shows a side of my work that no one has heard before. This album has a huge variety of sounds and one of my favorite songs is 'Spotlight' because it has this great infectious groove. This is completely new territory for me and I can't wait for people to hear it."


Clive Davis, Chief Creative Officer, SonyBMG Worldwide states: "With Jennifer's debut album we will be introducing a major new recording star. She takes on every genre of music and makes each her own. She's pure and simple a great natural talent and her album will very excitingly reflect that."


In addition to her debut album, Hudson continues with her burgeoning acting career in the much-buzzed about New Line Cinema version of the HBO hit series Sex and the City: The Movie, in theatres May 30. On October 17, Hudson returns to the silver screen in the film adaptation of Sue Monk Kidd's best-selling novel The Secret Life of Bees.


Photo: NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080519/NYM040
AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org/
AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN8
PRN Photo Desk, photodesk@prnewswire.com
Source: Arista Records

CONTACT: Theola Borden, or Arista-RCA Music Group, +1-646-840-5673,
Theola.Borden@SonyBMG.com; or Allison Elbl, +1-323-822-4851, aelbl@id-pr.com,
or Liz Mahoney, +1-323-822-4875, lmahoney@id-pr.com, both of ID, for Arista
Records


Web site: http://www.rcarecords.com/

N.B:
Jennifer Hudson acted as Carrie Bradshaw’s assistant Louise in Sex and the City: The Movie and she performed the soundtrack All Dressed Up In Love to be released on 27 May 2008 before the premiere of Sex and the City: The Movie on 30 May 2008.

The song is awesome! Here is the musical video as well as the complete lyrics.



All Dressed Up In Love

When you can wear what you feel
What do you wanna say?
Now love is a little number that you can wear each day
As long as you let me be the accessory
Simply send me on my way
Style of love
I look good in love
When it’s been out of sight and out of mind for such a long time
That’s how one forgets
So I reached in the back of my closet and pulled it out
And tried it on and it still fits
So I covered the pain up with lots of MAC make-up
But I can’t help but blush
Because I’m in love
All dressed up in love

(Chorus)
Cool in the summer, warm in the winter
I’m dressed up in love
I’m cool in the summer, warm in the winter
Cuz I’m in love
All dressed up in love
People are looking, some even staring
I don’t know it, when they ask me what I’m wearing
This or that, it’s made for any weather
My friend and I sit down and we both make it together
Now if you really want one of your own
I hope your shoes are made for walking
Cuz I found love and I you must find love
[Chorus]
Cuz I’m in love
And you must find love

No comments: