Monday, February 11, 2008

No More Fantasy


Amy Winehouse. Photo credit: Mishca Richter

No More Fantasy
For Amy Winehouse


For how long will I sing the same old song?
When I know that something has gone wrong?
For how long will I keep suffering and smiling
When I know that I should be screaming
You see me smile and you think everything is fine
Because, you always want to see me shine.
I must not kiss and tell
To pretend that all is well.

You claim to know me, when you cannot see through me
Because there are many things about me you cannot see.
But God knows we have been lying
And as we are lying, we are dying.
But do you care at all?
Or you just want to see me fall off the wall?

Yes, I know I am still cool
But I will no longer play the fool.
I have to say the bitter truth
And damn the wrath of the earth.
I will no longer take any more prescription pills
Until the wound in my heart heals.
It is time to face the reality
No more, No more fantasy.


N.B:
I composed this song in response to the news of Amy Winehouse winning 5 Grammys last Sunday.

No comments: