Thursday, June 01, 2006

Love Is More Than Saying "I Love You"


Picture Credit:The Washington Post

He invited us to their wedding where he exchanged matrimonial vows with his bride.
"I love you," he swore aloud and clear for everybody present to hear him. And none of my ears missed a word. I heard him. And I was very happy for them.
That was 14 years ago.
But today, he has abandoned her.


Yes. He left her in Nigeria and flew across the Atlantic to America. And he is somewhere in New York fooling and smooching another woman with the same lie "I love you". But, he is only wooing the American lady for the sake of getting the Green Card.

There are so many Green Card brides and wives in America today.
"I love you," echoes again.
I have heard that a million and one times. And how many times they have failed to prove it.
Telling lies upon lies.
So many fake love affairs have led to so many fake marriages and so many broken homes.

Whenever anyone says "I love you", listen carefully.
Is it from the throat or from the heart?

"I love you" and he is beating and kicking you around?
"I love you" and he is messing around with other girls and women behind your back?
Like the Ghanaian surgeon who gave his British wife crabs from the pubic lice of their housemaid.
"I love you" and he has given you another black eye?

If he says he loves you, don't just swoon and fall for him until he has proved his love in truth and spirit.

Love is not a word.
Love is a spirit.
And if you don't have it, you cannot prove it.

Prove your love by your actions.
Because actions speak louder than words.

Highly recommended:'The Break-Up': Split to Splat

8 comments:

Christie's Corner said...

sure, ure rite, love is much more than mere words, someone once told me that if a guy tells u "I love you" that it's only 20%. Is it true? haha! nice post, I like it.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Christabelle,
The truth will expose all the lies.

God bless.

Unknown said...

I completely agree with this sentence or paragraph
"Love is not a word.
Love is a spirit.
And if you don't have it, you cannot prove it.

Prove your love by your actions.
Because actions speak louder than words."

Love is not just saying I Love You cos many people misuse that word, in the early centuries I Love You meant alot, it passed on so many meanings to the people involved but now, its meaningless, I mean the word love is abused.

Orikinla, its like you read my mind before you made this post, I was also going to talk about love today. lol

Great minds think alike

Anonymous said...

Great post! The word is so often abused. The bible clearly states what love is in 1 Cor. 1-13: Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant.......

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Queen,
The symbiosis of love will produce awesome beauty in creativity.

Belle,
God has defined pure and true love in the eternal sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

God bless.

Keshi said...

sometimes even actions dun prove love...

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Keshi,
Well actions do prove a lot of things.

True love is transparent if you take your time to examine it.

Don't let the emotions make you to jump to conclusions.

True love takes time.

God bless.